Hi I have a locked Verizon iPhone 4 and I want to use it in Ireland.i have gone to a Vodafone and an O2 phone store but they could not unlock it any ideas ?thanks
robert123456789101112

Hi I have a locked Verizon iPhone 4 and I want to use it in Ireland.i have gone to a Vodafone and an O2 phone store but they could not unlock it any ideas ?thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hi I have a locked Verizon iPhone 4 and I want to use it in Ireland.i have gone to a Vodafone and an O2 phone store but they could not unlock it any ideas ?thanks
rcschnoor
Legend

The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have GSM capabilities which is the norm in most European countries.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Hi I have a locked Verizon iPhone 4 and I want to use it in Ireland.i have gone to a Vodafone and an O2 phone store but they could not unlock it any ideas ?thanks
rcschnoor
Legend

The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have GSM capabilities which is the norm in most European countries.

0 Likes
robert123456789101112

it does have GSM - it worked fine in Ireland and UK roaming with Verizon. now I need to unlock it

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

IF your Verizon iPhone has GSM capabilities, it is not a Verizon iPhone 4. Verizon iPhones did not get GSM capabilities until the iPhone 4S. Different phones, different capabilities.

IF your phone is a Verizon iPhone 4S, Verizon will only unlock it if it is CURRENTLY active on a Verizon line of service. You would need to call Verizon in order to do so.

THIS thread will explain the steps in order to do so.

0 Likes