How To Speed Up Internet Connection On 3G?
Ornery

Don't even own a smart phone myself, but I tried browsing the Web on my wife's iPhone 4. Only second or third time I've touched it since she got it a couple years ago.  It was dog slow and some pages wouldn't load.  Couldn't connect to the App store at all after several attempts.  This was all on 3G with about 3 bars.  Didn't try WiFi.  I want 3G working properly during an upcoming vacation.

I reset Network settings twice with no improvement.  Are there specific settings for VZW?  I guess that's what I really need to know at this point.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How To Speed Up Internet Connection On 3G?
Not applicable

unfortunately no user settings. 3G is way slower than 4G in I used my iphone right near verizons main company and it was terrible. however I used my 4G phone and I have to say it was blazing fast.

There are apps that can compress the data from web pages to speed them up. I just cannot remember the company name sorry.

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.venturiwireless.com/  Under solutions, smart phones.

0 Likes
Ornery

Thanks loads Elector, I'll give that a shot when my wife gets home with the phone.  I'll also see what it can actually do on WiFi as well.  I'm certainly not interested in upgrading to a newer phone at this point.  Anyway I will let you know how this works out.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Happy to help

0 Likes
Ornery

Well, looks like Venturi Wireless wants me to get a quote for that application.  I opted to call VZW Support first.  Good thing I did.  Ended up connecting to iTunes for the first time in years.  Downloaded the latest version of the Operating System and it flies almost as fast as the WiFi connection.  It's not likely anyone else reading this would be as neglectful about updating, but that was the solution for us.

Thanks again for going through the trouble to find that link, Elector.  I do appreciate any help I can get!

0 Likes