How can I activate global roaming for my phone while in Europe?
stanwangx23

Before I left, I dialed *611 and activated global roaming (option 2) and did the roaming settings update via *228.  Now I've arrived in Europe but my phone displays "No Service".  I have an Iphone 4s and I thought it was "Global Ready", however, I can't use it overseas.  I will be out of the country for a month and need to utilize my phone for work.  I also don't have the password to my Verizon account, as it sent me a temporary password, but I can't receive texts.  Please help, I've tried to find a customer support contact e-mail but did not have any luck.  How can I get my phone to work?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can I activate global roaming for my phone while in Europe?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Did you get the phone unlocked before you left the country?

0 Likes
stanwangx23

I did not go to a physical Verizon store to unlock the phone, but I did follow the steps as I stated above to "unlock" the phone.  I am not sure if this worked.  The settings for international calls is already enabled, as I frequently call Italian numbers for work, but I think that perhaps GSM is not enabled on my device.  In my phone settings, I see the option "International CDMA" under the Roaming options [Settings>>Cellular>>Roaming] and it is enabled.

0 Likes
iphone-user

try dialing *228 if that doesn't work you may have to call verizon from a different phone at 1-800-922-0204 or since all verizon iPhones are unlocked you can just put another sim in and have all your calls forwarded to that phone number

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stanwangx23, I want to make sure that you have access to your phone when out of the country. You don't need to have the phone unlocked to use our SIM, but you do need to speak with a representative to add international dialing to your account. I've sent you a direct message. Please reply to that so that I can access your account.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes