How can I activate my Iphone 4s outside US
calvinkwok

I called Verizon to unlock my Iphone 4S few weeks ago so that I can use it while I am travelling in China.  The rep on the phone told me my phone was unlocked.  Now I am in China and using the local micro sim card, but my Iphone cannot be activated.  I have tried 3 different local sim card and none of them worked.  I don't know what to do without my phone working while I am away from the U.S.

Anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks

Calvin

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I activate my Iphone 4s outside US
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

calvinkwok- Let's get your service working so you can enjoy China! Check to make sure the roaming is enabled by selecting settings, cellular,roaming, make sure voice roaming is enabled. If you are still having issues, please call out global support tema at 908-559-4899.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spud7245

Calvin,

I had the same issue last year on a trip to Germany.  Went to a Verizon store and they said it was already activated and ready to go.  Got to Germany and didn't work.  I managed to go online and chat with Verizon and they said the SIM card has to be activated by them online.  The agent completed the task and everything worked.  Go to the Verizon site and activate chat from a local computer.  Only thing I can recommend.  Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

calvinkwok- Let's get your service working so you can enjoy China! Check to make sure the roaming is enabled by selecting settings, cellular,roaming, make sure voice roaming is enabled. If you are still having issues, please call out global support tema at 908-559-4899.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
OLESHBABIAK

Verizon -

I just landed in Germany. I am having the same problem. I activated my phone with Verizon before I left the US. When I landed in Germany this morning, my service never changed from Verizon to Vodaphone. So now I have no service. This is incredibly frustrating. Please help me fix this ASAP.

Thank you,

Patricia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, OLESHBABIAK.Please make sure that roaming is enabled by selecting Settings> Cellular>Roaming. Ensure  that voice roaming is enabled. If you are unable to use your device, please call our global support team at 908-559-4899. I'm sure they can help.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Following us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes