How can I block spam text messages from an email address?
kmoran16

Twice per week I am getting spam texts in the middle of the night from a random email address, in reference to a free Target gift card. The problem is, the sender's email address is different every time. Any ideas how to make it stop??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I block spam text messages from an email address?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forward the texts to SPAM and follow the directions in the reply text that you receive from Verizon.

Or log into your on-line MyVerizon account, click on the blue More Actions under I Want To, under Safety and Security, click on the blue Block Internet Spam.  Enter the e-mail addresses, or go to the bottom and check block all.  Click the red Apply.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Forward the texts to SPAM and follow the directions in the reply text that you receive from Verizon.

Or log into your on-line MyVerizon account, click on the blue More Actions under I Want To, under Safety and Security, click on the blue Block Internet Spam.  Enter the e-mail addresses, or go to the bottom and check block all.  Click the red Apply.

That was one of the first things I did when starting my current account with Verizon Wireless. I blocked all premium messages and messages from the Internet. Those blocks are still in place to this day.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kmoran16

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by " Forward the texts to SPAM  ".   I can't figure out how to forward a text to verizon. There doesn't seem to be a "forward" option. I'd like to try and go this route, because I do get texts from other email addresses and don't want to completely block all incoming text messages.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be an option to forward the text message to another party. In the "To" field put 7726 which is (SPAM).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

kmoran16 wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by " Forward the texts to SPAM  ".   I can't figure out how to forward a text to verizon. There doesn't seem to be a "forward" option.

see if this works:

Open the text message, tap on Edit (top right hand corner), then tap on the circle next to the message you want to forward, a red tick should appear, then tap on forward (bottom right hand corner).

0 Likes
Streganonna

I'm having the same problem.  If I open the text message, the only thing that appears in the top right hand corner is a trash can. If I just open "messaging" the thing that appears is a pen/paper, and if I open that, the only choice is "Enter Recipient" and below that, a block for entering a message. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The steps vary depending on the phone/operating system; in retrospect, those steps were for Androids rather than iPhones.     If the steps were close, they also could have changed with the recent iOS update.  Have you tried pressing the message (tap and hold) to see if you get a pop-up that allows you to forward it?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you are on iOS 7, go to the message and open it.

On the Contact line, touch "Contact" next to the contact number or address.

Touch the "i" in the circle.

Scroll down.

Click "Block this Caller".