How can I connect personal hotspot to use the internet from my phone on my laptop?
kmj65

I do not have internet at home and want to be able to connect using the personal hotspot on my phone. How do i do this??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I connect personal hotspot to use the internet from my phone on my laptop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmj65,

I would love to assist with getting your personal hotspot activated. Do you have the personal hotspot feature already added onto your account? If you are not sure, what plan do you currently have? Mobile hotspot is built into the More Everything plans for free. If you are already provisioned for mobile hotspot and your software is up to date go to Settings>Personal hotspot> Turn on. You will have a wifi password listed in this setting. Use that password for other device connected. If software is not updated go to Settings>Cellular>Personal Hotspot

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I connect personal hotspot to use the internet from my phone on my laptop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmj65,

I would love to assist with getting your personal hotspot activated. Do you have the personal hotspot feature already added onto your account? If you are not sure, what plan do you currently have? Mobile hotspot is built into the More Everything plans for free. If you are already provisioned for mobile hotspot and your software is up to date go to Settings>Personal hotspot> Turn on. You will have a wifi password listed in this setting. Use that password for other device connected. If software is not updated go to Settings>Cellular>Personal Hotspot

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
kmj65

I have the nationwide 1400 min plan but I still have unlimited data. when I go to settings, cellular and turn on hotspot it says to either call Verizon or go to the website??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kmj65

Thanks for replying. The plan you have it would be an additional charge to add the hotspot feature. It's not free with the Nationwide plan. You would need to add the feature online at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
kmj65

How much would be a month?

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: kelly johnson <kellybishopjohnson@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:02 PM

Subject: - How can I connect personal hotspot to use the internet from my phone on my laptop?

#yiv3595356488 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

How can I connect personal hotspot to use the internet from my phone on my laptop?

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in iPhone 4S - View the full discussion                  Hello kmj65

Thanks for replying. The plan you have it would be an additional charge to add the hotspot feature. It's not free with the Nationwide plan. You would need to add the feature online at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 4S by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help you with that, kmj65. The cost depends on the plan you have. If you have our More Everything Plan, the use of the hotspot is included in the plan cost. Any time spent connected to the hotspot will be deducted from your selected GB allowance. Here are our plan options..http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kmj65

I do not have the More Everything Plan, nor do I want it. So, what are the other options??

0 Likes
kmj65

What is it i need to add and how much per month would it be? <br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmj65, we can still give you what you want! You have the option of adding the personal hotspot feature to any Smartphone data plan for an additional $20.00. However, the MORE Everything plan includes the hotspot feature. http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes