How can I get phone number contacts to transfer?
susanne17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read the user guide, backed up my phone list numbers from my old phone, but found that directions to transfer the phone numbers did not work on my iphone 4. Grrrrr! What I read in the instructions does not match what I see on the screen. Also, Apple's use of the word "contacts" is used to apply to both email addresses (which did transfer easily) and phone number contacts (which did not). This can be confusing.

Has anyone transferred a phone list from their previous "dumb" phone (backup assistant enabled) to an iphone4 (not backup assistant friendly).

Labels (1)
Re: How can I get phone number contacts to transfer?
surfdude001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Susanne,

I'm very sorry to hear about your lack-of-success from the Backup Assistance feature that Verizon Wireless offers. I've also had a horrible experiences with that feature on the iPhone 4 and it just seems to make it a regret of getting a new phone, haha!

Just to ensure not a further headache, have you checked online to make sure all of your contacts are successfully stored on the Backup Assistance?

Anthony

0 Likes
Re: How can I get phone number contacts to transfer?
wcgriffyn

What I ended up doing is setting up my contacts on iCloud and then synced to that. You can also use GMail, Yahoo!, etc... to setup and sync your contacts.

0 Likes