How come I can't text everyone on my contact list with Unlimited Messaging?
benjamineichenblatt

So i just got an Iphone 4 and i got unlimited texting with it. it will only let me text certain people. why is this happening? help! i tried restoring it but that didnt work. Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i have unlimited texting and i can only text certain people HELP!
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning benjamineichenblatt,

Congratulations on purchasing the iPhone 4! It is one of the most popular smartphones on the market! As Ann154 stated are you getting an error message when you try to text certain people? Also, do you know the name of the provider of the numbers that you are unable to text? Below, I have posted some troubleshooting steps that I would like for you to try on your device. They are as follows:

• Verify bars of signal on the device.
  • Ensure that the 10-digit mobile number is what is being entered in the To Field.
  • Turn off bluetooth and wifi in the Settings Menu.
  • Turn on Send As SMS in the Settings Menu. (Settings > Messages > Send As SMS > On)
  • Erase all long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Power cycle device.

Additional Resources: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

Once you have completed the step above and from the link, please retest the service for functionality. Please note any error messages or delay that you may get as these detail will be very important in discovering a resolution. If you are still having an issue then please respond to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you getting errors with the ones that won't go through?

Have you verified that you are sending the messages using the full ten digit phone number? Not the seven digit or have a 1 in front of the number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning benjamineichenblatt,

Congratulations on purchasing the iPhone 4! It is one of the most popular smartphones on the market! As Ann154 stated are you getting an error message when you try to text certain people? Also, do you know the name of the provider of the numbers that you are unable to text? Below, I have posted some troubleshooting steps that I would like for you to try on your device. They are as follows:

• Verify bars of signal on the device.
  • Ensure that the 10-digit mobile number is what is being entered in the To Field.
  • Turn off bluetooth and wifi in the Settings Menu.
  • Turn on Send As SMS in the Settings Menu. (Settings > Messages > Send As SMS > On)
  • Erase all long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Power cycle device.

Additional Resources: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

Once you have completed the step above and from the link, please retest the service for functionality. Please note any error messages or delay that you may get as these detail will be very important in discovering a resolution. If you are still having an issue then please respond to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes