How do I activate my iPhone 4?
jasonhigg

I bought an iphone4 from a friend. What do I have to do to set it up to exept my Verizon sim card? I dont think the phone is registered with any network right now. Do I have to go to a Verizon store to get this phone to exept my Verizon sim card or is there something else I can do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I bought an iphone4 from a friend. What do I have to do to set it up to exept my Verizon sim card? I dont think the phone is registered with any network right now.
Weth
Legend

It has to be a Verizon 4S to work.   The SIM slot has nothing to do with access to Verizon in the 4S.  It is only used if you travel overseas.  You can call customer service and give the IMEI number to see if it is a Verizon phone and can be added.  If it is not a Verizon phone there is no way to add it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I bought an iphone4 from a friend. What do I have to do to set it up to exept my Verizon sim card? I dont think the phone is registered with any network right now.
Weth
Legend

If you have an iPhone 4 with a SIM slot, it will not work on Verizon.  The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have a SIM slot, and any non-Verizon iphone 4 will not work with Verizon.

EDIT I just noticed this is in the 4S section, do you have a 4S? Verizon 4S does have a SIM slot, but the slot is not used for Verizon.   You can try adding it, but if it is not a Verizon phone it won't work, 4 or 4S

0 Likes
jasonhigg

My daughter has an iphone4 right now with Verizon and has a Sim card. I

know that because I tried her Sim card in the new iPhone but it didn't work.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It's a 4S then, the Verizon 4 does not have SIM slot.  Also the 4S SIM is not used for Verizon access.  It doesn't work that way until the iPhone 5. 

0 Likes
jasonhigg

So there's no way to use that 4s on my Verizon account?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It has to be a Verizon 4S to work.   The SIM slot has nothing to do with access to Verizon in the 4S.  It is only used if you travel overseas.  You can call customer service and give the IMEI number to see if it is a Verizon phone and can be added.  If it is not a Verizon phone there is no way to add it. 

0 Likes
jasonhigg

OK, thanks a lot for the info.

0 Likes