How do I get my texts to not send as iMessages?
kgilmartin

My mom had an iPhone 4 and recently got a new Samsung phone. My messaging with her is stuck in iMessage so everytime I text her it will say not delivered then I have to send as text message. How can I fix it to where it always sends as a text message since she no longer has an iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kgilmartin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with texting your mom. We can definitely help. It sounds like since your mom did have an iPhone, she probably used iMessage. When she switched over to the Samsung, she would have needed to turn off the Imessage feature prior to activating the new phone. What she will need to do is log into her itunes account and disable the iMessage feature on there. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Texting Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kgilmartin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with texting your mom. We can definitely help. It sounds like since your mom did have an iPhone, she probably used iMessage. When she switched over to the Samsung, she would have needed to turn off the Imessage feature prior to activating the new phone. What she will need to do is log into her itunes account and disable the iMessage feature on there. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes