Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I use my Iphone 4s camera while on a cruise, yet not receive texts and calls and ultimately , the charges?
th46

Hi!!!   My family is going on a cruise this summer.  I do not want to but any internet plan on board or through verizon, as it can get quite costly with

two teenage daughters.  But, we will be using our phone cameras.  How do I block calls and texts, yet still use the camera? And does blocking them still result in no charges..roaming, international, on board, etc.?  Thanks for all advice and answers!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I use my Iphone 4s camera while on a cruise, yet not receive texts and calls and ultimately , the charges?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Put the phone in airplane mode before boarding the ship and leave it there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: How do I use my Iphone 4s camera while on a cruise, yet not receive texts and calls and ultimately , the charges?
Spiral

Ann154's recommendation is what you need if you want to use your iPhone just for taking pictures. 

Another suggestion is to bring/buy (or borrow) a digital camera to use during your cruise instead of your iPhone.  The benefit could be that you will not be putting your expensive iPhone at risk for theft or damage while using it as a simple camera.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

Another option you may have is to temporarily suspend service...that would guarantee you won't have any charges for unexpected texts/calls. Might be a little more extreme then you want to do though. Contact VZW for more details on that option if interested. I would echo the idea of just using a camera versus your iPhone unless for some reason you don't own an actual point and shoot camera. You can easily put the pics on your iPhone when you return home from your trip if that is the reason you were really wanting to use the iPhone for picture taking.

0 Likes