How do you turn off weather alerts?
JanelS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an unsolicited 3AM weather alert (wake up call) to tell me it was going to be snowing today.  Did not appreciate it.  I understand this is a new service from the National Weather Service.  How do you turn this off? 

By the way, why is Verizon allowing the weather service access to my phone number without my permission? 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you turn off weather alerts?
JanelS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found it.  On the 4S, Go to "Settings", "Notifications" and scroll to the bottom where you will see "Government alerts" and turn them both off.  Thanks all for your comments.  Problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The government told the cell companies to do this. You can stop two of the three levels of warnings. Warnings from the President can not be blocked.

Wireless Emergency Alerts FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Kendos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recieved one as well at 3am. I check the Verizon forum as well to find out how to turn it off. According to what I've found there are certain devices that have that capability. Your Iphone is one of them. Click on the following discussion link to find out how to turn the notifications off.. https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/863683#863683

0 Likes
JanelS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found it.  On the 4S, Go to "Settings", "Notifications" and scroll to the bottom where you will see "Government alerts" and turn them both off.  Thanks all for your comments.  Problem solved.

0 Likes