Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
How to Activate a used iPhone
Delran

I had purchased an used verizon iphone so my wife and I would have the same carrier and phones. Well, when I purchased her phone, I had the shared plan. We arrived at home and I attempted to activate my phone using the "add a new line" feature. Seeing as you cannot remove the casing on the iphone, I cannot find the numerical code. It still has the previous owner's Verizon SIM as I heard Verizon will not sell only the SIM, and I have no idea how to register and activate the phone. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. I prefer not to have to unlock it and use another carrier as we have a shared plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to Activate a used iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know you're excited to get that phone activated for your wife and I'm to help.

@Delran,

You can pull the device ID by following the steps here http://bit.ly/Rhw0ih. Once you have that info you can add the new line using this equipment.

If you still need help getting that phone activated please follow me and send me a direct message with your name, mobile number, and brief summary of your concern so I can further assist you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes