How to Purchase iPhone 4
acooke

Hello. I have been embroiled in a customer service situation with Verizon for the past week. After being told by a supervisor that he would order my iPhone for me, I still don't have one. I have called Verizon several times, and spoke to several supervisors just to be given the runaround, and all sorts of conflicting information.

My question to you all is, has anyone been able to bill their new iPhone to their account? Or have you had to pay in cash/debit/credit card? The call center reps and in-store reps are giving me conflicting information. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to Purchase iPhone 4
aaroncooke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the help. I was able to purchase an iphone today, in-store, and had it billed to my account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mariismari
Enthusiast - Level 3

I billed it to my account in the store :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
cg28oh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I paid up front for phones. I didn't understand why anyone would bill to the account. You're going have to pay, what difference does a few weeks (if that) make?

0 Likes
aaroncooke
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you don't mind me asking, did you order it online, or at the store?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

cg28oh wrote:

I paid up front for phones. I didn't understand why anyone would bill to the account. You're going have to pay, what difference does a few weeks (if that) make?

OK, I'm just curious.  Are you saying that bill to account causes the entire balance to be due at the next bill date?  I thought that this was something similar to the equipment installment plan that T-Mobile has.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

21stNow wrote:

cg28oh wrote:

OK, I'm just curious.  Are you saying that bill to account causes the entire balance to be due at the next bill date?  I thought that this was something similar to the equipment installment plan that T-Mobile has.

No, it isn't like Tmobile's plan where you just pay extra for it each month. The full cost that is due will appear on your bill in your next billing cycle. 

0 Likes
aaroncooke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the help. I was able to purchase an iphone today, in-store, and had it billed to my account.

0 Likes
kjowski

So you are able to bill it to your account if you buy it in the store? Really. I get told no by the phone customer service reps.....

Do the stores even have anymore that it would be worth doing that?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

kjowski wrote:

So you are able to bill it to your account if you buy it in the store? Really. I get told no by the phone customer service reps.....

Do the stores even have anymore that it would be worth doing that?

If you look at the title of this thread and the date on it, you will realize that this if for the iPhone 4, not the iPhone 4S. This has no bearing on whether or not you can currently purchase the iPhone 4S and bill it to your account right now.

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

My experience has taught me it depends on who you talk to as to what you can/can't do. I wanted to get an early upgrade when I got the iPhone 4, I was told by 3 CS reps, I couldn't get it. I called the 4th time, the young man took 1 minute to ask his supervisor, got me the upgrade, and billed the phone to my account.  My account is paid off every month through a automatic withdrawl plan.

I talked to the manager at the local Verizon store, he pretty much told me the same thing and advised me to call during the day.

0 Likes