How to sim unlock iphone 4s
evelynlcy

Hi. Im from Malaysia. I did my undergraduate study in USA. I finished my course and im back in Malaysia. However, i didn't unlock my phone before i came back. Now, i couldnt use my local sim in my phone.

Is there any way to fix this problem? If not it would render my phone useless 😞 please help!

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to sim unlock iphone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi evelynlcy!

Congratulations on your study work! There are a few requirements for unlocking a phone. One of the requirements is that the device has to be unlocked before you leave the US. It also has to be active on a VZW account, but the most important requirement in your case is that it has to be done before you leave the US. How long will you be in Malaysia? If you are able to get that phone back to the US, we can unlock it, then it can be sent back.

The other requirements are that it must be active for at least 60 days and in good standing (no past due balances or suspensions for non-pay).

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but there's a way we can get it unlocked, it just has to be physically in the US when we do so.

Thanks,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
evelynlcy

Hi!

Thank you for the reply. Is it possible to get the phone unlock even when the account is no longer active? I came back for almost two months already. If there is a way to unlock it even if the account is no longer active, I could send the phone back to US to unlock.

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to work with us, evelynlcy.  We are only able to unlock a device if it is currently active on a Verizon Wireless account that is in good standing. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Yale_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes