How to stop iphone 4 from using 3G while I'm sleeping in a house that has WIFI?
tambo69
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have share everything plan. We have 1 droid x, I iphone 5, and 2 iphone 4's. Both iphone 4's are using 3G data while we are sleeping and not using our phones. We have WIFI in our home, so if the phones are going to randomly connect when we're sleeping, how can we make sure they use WIFI?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to stop iphone 4 from using 3G while I'm sleeping in a house that has WIFI?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the mobile data until it's needed.

View solution in original post

Re: How to stop iphone 4 from using 3G while I'm sleeping in a house that has WIFI?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the mobile data until it's needed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tambo69 you're on a great plan. You will need to ensure that the devices are set up to to automatically connect to WiFi when a WiFi connection is available. This can be done in the settings of your devices. Click to retrieve the steps for your devices here: http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zombiecoop

this link doesn't work and my phone is doing the same thing!!!  i shut off cellular because we almost went over because it's using 3G WHILE it's connected to WIFI!  It should KNOW the difference....why would it connect on it's own to 3G.....and not use the WIFI?  is this JUST iphone 4?  I am due for an upgrade in August and really want a 5s.....but i don't want something that i have to babysit all the time and turn on and off everyday! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi zombiecoop,

Sorry about the link- thanks for letting us know. I understand wanting to make sure your phone works the way you need it to. If you want to be sure the phone isn't connecting to cellular data, I recommend turning off cellular data when you don't want your phone connecting to our network. That will ensure it's not connecting. The iPhone 5S is definitely a great phone! I still recommend turning off cellular data, for any smartphone, if you want to be sure it's not accidentally connecting to the Verizon network instead of Wi-Fi.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes