Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to unlock a Iphone 4s on Verizon 11.2 simlock, out of the Netherlands (Europe)
caslaz

Back in
The Netherlands i found out that my Verizon IPhone 4s that i got in the states
had a simlock!!! I really would like to use my iPhone here in Holland but not
with Verizon (don’t have it here). The problem is that I’m not a customer
anymore so i cant log into the customer service website. I understood that
there were some 60 day's etc. conditions for American who stay in the US and
tons of phone number to call and speak with the customer service to discuss an
unlock but I won't call them from the other side of the world because of the
large phone bills.

So I
need some help to get rid of the simlock of my iPhone 4s with Verizon 11.2.  I prefer to do it legally.

Are
there some alternative conditions for a European who would like to use his
phone, but don’t want to or/and can't use the Verizon connection? I think there
should be! I'm prepared to sent my passport (copy), prove of residents that I
rent my apartment here, my work contract for 3 years or,... something ells, so I
can get the simlock of the phone.

Any
official users would like to answer?

Greeting,

Casper

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to unlock a Iphone 4s on Verizon 11.2 simlock, out of the Netherlands (Europe)
kaebfly
Leader

I'm not an official user (I don't work for Verizon), but after many posts on the subject of getting a simlock removed I think you may be out of luck since you did not get it done prior to ending your relationship with Verizon. One of the requirements is that you must be a current customer and the phone has to be on an active line (or been on the line at some point...apparently you can upgrade to a different device but still get a sim unlock done on a previous device as long as you meet the other requirements and you have been a customer for 60 days I believe). You can try emailing Verizon Customer support just to be sure...you might get an official answer quicker that way then you will on here for a Verizon employee.

How to unlock a Iphone 4s on Verizon 11.2 simlock, out of the Netherlands (Europe)
caslaz
Thank u kaebfly for your response, but there is another problem. As a non customer, it's not possible to email the customer service. I need a postal code, Verizon mobile number and contract number. All of those I don't have anymore.  I was wondering if there is a excepting for ex customer who will live in a country where Verizon doesn't support there telecom service? Or if there is a global help email adres which is easy to excess without to be a contract owner?   Greetings Casper
0 Likes
Re: How to unlock a Iphone 4s on Verizon 11.2 simlock, out of the Netherlands (Europe)
kaebfly
Leader

Not sure if this will work for a non-customer but I found this number on the global website:

From your phone, if you are traveling outside the United States in GSM mode please dial (+)1-908-559-4899. In CDMA mode, dial the exit code for the country you are in followed by (908) 559-4899. This is a toll-free call.

Also, not sure if you can access this page but I'll add the link I found when choosing to email CS and you're not yet a customer: https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

0 Likes