I can't receive text messages from one person
iphone4scustomer

The person I am trying to reach can receive my text messages but when they try to text me they said their phone says "sending failed." I texted one of my other friends and they are able to text me back. Also, I was able to receive this person text messages yesterday and early this morning but today I can't. I don't know what service provider they have. I was wondering if they cant send text messages because there is something wrong with my phone? Or maybe theirs? If anyone could help that'd be great. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't receive text messages from one person
collective

check your account blocks. It may be a blocked number, If you are not the account owner, and someone else has control over that they may have blocked it, and you werent notified.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If the message is failing on their end the issue is likely on their end. Especially if you are able to receive messages from others. It's possible that a number block is on but if I remember correctly that won't necessarily show as a failed message to the sender. When I had a number blocked on my account the person I blocked was not aware that the messages they were sending were not getting to me. They just assumed I wasn't responding. Then they assumed the phone was off because when they tried calling they would only hear a rapid busy signal. No message indicating that their calls were being blocked. (This is when using the free blocking services...not sure if it's the same for the paid usage controls).

0 Likes
babigrl2308

I have the exact opposite problem!! I have one person who all of a sudden over the last month has not been receiving my texts, but I can receive theirs! this happened to me with my iphone 4 and it seemed to be the phone itself that was having problems and I am wondering if this could be happening again?

Help please!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you haven't already, you need to contact VZW for assistance. They may be able to figure out what the issue is (if it's on their end) or if it is the device. You can try contacting Apple or going to your local Apple store to see if they can help.

0 Likes
babigrl2308

i have contacted verizon and I am still waiting to hear back from them, this is annoying as the same problem happened with my iphone 4 with the same person!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Based on what you are saying...I would doubt that the issue is with the device at all...it's highly unlikely that you would get more than one device that would single out the same person and not allow your texts to go to them. There may be an issue on their end (they may have you blocked or there may be something wrong with their device...or it could be something else entirely). I just doubt that it would be the device on your end singling out the same person. I may be wrong...

0 Likes
babigrl2308

We both have gotten new phones since, and just in the last month, he has stopped being able to receive my texts, but I can still receive his, I contacted verizon and they did a soft reset, so we'll see what happens.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Hopefully that helps but I'm curious...has the other person contacted VZW or whoever their provider is about the issue also? Even with you both getting new devices recently it would seem odd that the issue would repeat itself only between you two and either device would be the issue. Again, I may be wrong...

0 Likes
babigrl2308

they have sprint and we know that it is definitely my phone because it has never happened to anyone but my texts and mine have got lost to other people in the past as well. I am seeing that people who have droids are having the same issue, if this cannot be fixed I am seriously considering a switch to sprint, i would be saving money too!

0 Likes