I can't type anything. Typewriter comes up for a second and phone shuts what I was on and goes to main desktop page.
Grandma_Patches
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today, I cannot type anything.  In notes, reminders, email, safari, facebook, every time I go to put the curser on a spot to type, or try to add another note, the phone jumps out of the file I am in and goes to the main desktop page.  It worked around 7 PM when I was checking something online while I was out, but when I was back home and tried to update one of the notes I update daily (I am keeping a log), this started happening.  It won't go to the typewriter keys (it flashes them for a second and then everything disappears and I am at home page again.  When I clicked the bottom middle button, a black screen with the white apple appeared but my icon page came back when I pressed it again.  I shut down and immediately opened again, thinking a reboot would help but it didn't.  I have it shut down for the night and tomorrow if same problem I will call Verizon.  Wednesday, I tried to check my calendar to see what day was best to schedule something, and none of the entries were there... not even the birthdays.  I use iPhone calendar as my main calendar and have all my appointments stored there.  That did come back about an hour later when I went to add an appointment.

I am hoping this new problem fixes itself with an overnight shutdown and morning reboot.  Wish me luck.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't type anything. Typewriter comes up for a second and phone shuts what I was on and goes to main desktop page.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a pretty bizarre situation, Grandma_Patches. I would suggest backing up your phone to iTunes, completing a restore of your device and then the update. I'm confident that this will address and resolve your concerns. Keep me posted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can't type anything. Typewriter comes up for a second and phone shuts what I was on and goes to main desktop page.
Grandma_Patches
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I change from assumed answered to not answered on question above?

0 Likes
Grandma_Patches
Enthusiast - Level 1

P.S. I have not upgraded to 7.0 because I was afraid it would screw up my notes, photos, and contacts.  I am waiting to hear other's experiences.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a pretty bizarre situation, Grandma_Patches. I would suggest backing up your phone to iTunes, completing a restore of your device and then the update. I'm confident that this will address and resolve your concerns. Keep me posted.

0 Likes