I can text her, but don't get her reply?
gmsp801

I can text another Verizon carrier but I do not receive the reply?  Alos, she has turned Green (we have checked all the obvious Imessage connections).

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I can text her, but don't get her reply?
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Is the other phone an iPhone as well.  Try completely powering down both phones for a minute then power back on, then have her respond to one of your previous text messages again.  That seemed to solve the problem when I experienced it with several of my friends.

0 Likes
gmsp801

Yes both IPhones (mine 4S hers 5C)  Unfortunately, I can not power down due to my top button being non-functional.  She has powered down a few times.  We will try for a bit longer this time.  Thank you!

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

On your phone is iMessaging enabled or disabled?  Also have another idevice using imessaging with the same apple id.  If so go to on your phone go to settings -> messages -> send & receive make sure that only your phone number is checked. 

Even if iMessaging on your phone is off check you other idevices using the same apple id and make sure that in the send & receive settings your phone number is not checked.  Then see if you can receive her texts to you.

0 Likes
gmsp801

Gave this a go, but no go!!! It now appears that I have both phones in my hand that we can send "texts" but she can not send me iMessages. So, is the problem with my phone (which can receive iMessages from other iPhones).

Sent with a SMILE from Greg's iPhone

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Very Strange indeed.  I am now at a loss for what to try.  I am assuming that you both have cellular data enabled on your devices.  That is the only other thing I can think might trip up imessaging when not on wifi.  Sorry I was not able to help you out??

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Hi gmsp801

I do not know if you found a solution to you texting problem but perhaps this solution I found in another post may help.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-keep-receiving-sms-from-iphone-users-after-making-the-swi...

Let me know if it fixes your issue or if you found a solution prior to this let me know what worked for you.

0 Likes