Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I dropped my iPhone 4S in a bucket of orange paint...
Livingfordale88

I dropped my iPhone 4s in a bucket of orange paint yesterday and everything seems to be working okay except the speakers. When I get a call it sounds muffled and the other person can't hear me unless I change it to speaker phone. I only got it about a month and a half ago, so is there anyway I can send it in on warranty still? Or should I just send it in? and how much does it cost to do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I dropped my iPhone 4S in a bucket of orange paint...
B33
Sr. Leader

Oh NO!

0 Likes
Spiral

That type of damage is not covered by the warranty, it is covered by insurance (if you have it).  Your choices are to make an insurance claim (again, if you have insurance), or to hope that the damage is not great enough to further hinder operation of the phone.  If the phone does fail you could always replace it by using another upgrade or buying at full retail price.

Keep in mind if you try to claim a warranty problem, when they check the phone they will most likely find the internal moisture sensors activated by the dip into the orange paint and then you will be charged full price for any replacement phone (besides the fact you will have knowingly committed fraud).

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Just as I started typing you posted my answer...  That is defiantly not covered by warranty.

0 Likes
gina7239

Btw spiral Sometimes it's the difference between the price you paid and full retail. I'm not justifying doing it I had a scratch on mine or something happened while being handled by FedEx and I paid $299 or so this was a month or so and it was an iPhone 4s. It was for sure was not $629 or more. There is a max they can charge you for little damage that happens obviously paint is different then a scratch or scratches. Full retail is if you don't return it but I know it's different for everything.

0 Likes