Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I had to turn my data off, and when ever I reconnect to wifi I do not receive all of my imessages. Any idea why?
ariibabe

The data on my plan was used up, so I turn off the data from my iphone. Whenever I get home and connect to the wifi I am only receiving some of the imessages that were sent to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I had to turn my data off, and when ever I reconnect to wifi I do not receive all of my imessages. Any idea why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I completely understand the importance of receiving all of your messages, ariibabe! In the event that your data is turned off and your iMessage is on, it is possible that all messages will not be received as iMessages travel over data. It is only guaranteed to receive all of these messages while you and the user sending the messages are both connected to WiFi/cellular data with iMessage turned on. The other parties sending the message can also go in their settings under messages and enable the option, "Send as SMS if iMessage is not available". This is best way to receive these messages as text messages if you are not connected to WiFi or cellular data.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes