I have a few questions about the warrenty for the iPhone 4
dougnvic

I just called technical support and they said since the vibrate on my phone is broken, they would send me a used phone, no cost to me. However, I have to send back my current phone and they said if they find out that I was the reason the phone is broken that they would have to charge me $300 for sending me the used one.

How could they know if it was my fault? As far as I know the vibrate just stopped working one day. What would have to be wrong with the phone for them to be positive that it was my fault? If they do come to the conclusion that it is my fault, how do they charge me? Can I cancel the order for the new one and just keep my old one?

My phone has minimal scratches on it, looks like it is practically brand new. If i receive the replacement phone tomorrow and change my mind, can I send it back with the prepaid label they send me?

Sure I would love a phone with vibrate in working condition but if it is going to cost me $300, I can deal without it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a few questions about the warrenty for the iPhone 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Dougnvic, no need to worry because I'm here to help! The vibrate function is very important especially when you're in a situation where you cannot have the ringer turned on.

If we replace your phone through the warranty you are only charged for the equipment if there is any damage on the phone. The normal wear and tare is expected and you will not be billed for the phone because of these scratches.

Once the phone is received it is inspected for any physical or liquid damage. If damage is found you are then billed for the phone and the charge will appear on your bill. You will also receive a text message advising you of the charge. Once you are billed the charge cannot be removed even if you return the replacement.

If you change your mind and do not want to have the phone replaced you can just return the replacement once you receive it and keep your current phone. Just use the prepaid return label that will be inside the box of the replacement.

If you are sure there hasn't been any damage then there is nothing to worry about. You will not be charged. You can also take the phone into a store and have a store representative take a look at the phone before you return it, if that makes you feel better.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes