Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have a refurb iPhone 4s I bought from VZW when I set up my prepaid plan. I have heard that these iPhones are already unlocked is this true and if not how do I get it unlocked so I can carry it to another carrier if I should want to in the future?
Gandy-o

I have a refurb iPhone 4s and it is on a prepaid plan. I heard these phones were unlocked and also have heard the opposite. How can I tell if mine is unlocked or not?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I have a refurb iPhone 4s I bought from VZW when I set up my prepaid plan. I have heard that these iPhones are already unlocked is this true and if not how do I get it unlocked so I can carry it to another carrier if I should want to in the future?
Weth
Sr. Leader

The 4S is not an LTE phone, so it is NOT unlocked by default.

Most of what you read on Verizon phones unlocked start with the iPhone 5 on up, which are all LTE phones.

The Verizon 4S is limited on its ability to be used for other carriers. Again from the iPhone 5 up, these phones are much more portable, with each generation better than the generation before in being able to be used on other systems.

It is not a sure thing, probably even unlikely, that what you want to do will work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have a refurb iPhone 4s I bought from VZW when I set up my prepaid plan. I have heard that these iPhones are already unlocked is this true and if not how do I get it unlocked so I can carry it to another carrier if I should want to in the future?
Weth
Sr. Leader

The 4S is not an LTE phone, so it is NOT unlocked by default.

Most of what you read on Verizon phones unlocked start with the iPhone 5 on up, which are all LTE phones.

The Verizon 4S is limited on its ability to be used for other carriers. Again from the iPhone 5 up, these phones are much more portable, with each generation better than the generation before in being able to be used on other systems.

It is not a sure thing, probably even unlikely, that what you want to do will work.

0 Likes