I have an iphone 4 prepaid and wanted to upgrade the software version? Can I do that and how.
rdean060763

I have a Verizon iphone 4 prepaid phone and I wanted to upgrade the phone to a newer version of the software. When I try to do that, it appears the upgrades are unavailable, is this the case? Is this how Verizon keeps selling new prepaid phones when customers are happy with the phone they have?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have an iphone 4 prepaid and wanted to upgrade the software version? Can I do that and how.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple determines the level of support for the software upgrades. If you are wanting to keep the iPhone 4, you should verify with Apple that latest version of the OS that's supported on the iPhone 4. If you wanted a new version of the OS that isn't supported on the iPhone 4, then you should consider purchasing a newer phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have an iphone 4 prepaid and wanted to upgrade the software version? Can I do that and how.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rdean060763, I understand wanting to get a new phone. Getting a new phone is super exciting. We do have several iPhones available for purchase.  With prepaid plans you can buy a phone at any time there are no upgrades available. To see the iPhones available visit http://vz.to/20NCbrE.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple determines the level of support for the software upgrades. If you are wanting to keep the iPhone 4, you should verify with Apple that latest version of the OS that's supported on the iPhone 4. If you wanted a new version of the OS that isn't supported on the iPhone 4, then you should consider purchasing a newer phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes