Re: I just got the shipping email from Verizon!
Boxer1

kevinpy wrote:

brett3333 wrote:

Same here. My card was charged a few minutes ago and my status on Verizon now says set for delivery on October 14.  I ordered at about 6:30am last Thursday.

My order number is in the 5500's. They may be processing in order. If you haven't yet been charged and your order number is higher than mine, that might be the case.

I'm not sure the order numbers indicate the order we placed our pre-orders in. Mine is in the 67 thousands, and I ordered at 2:57AM EST Friday morning. It may be indicative by model though. I ordered the 32GB White. There may be ranges for each size and color, but guessing is only that, guessing. Hopefully we will all have our shiny new iPhone 4S' by Friday.

Kevin-I agree I don't think order numbers indicate anything reason I say that is my order number is in the "millions" and my card has been charged and my status changed! So we shall see!

0 Likes
ibecowtippin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked my credit card, and was charged for three phones (one black, two whites). Yes, daddy can't be the only one to get an upgrade, mom and teenager wanted one too, but the kid used money from his summer job to pay for it :smileyhappy:

Ordered Friday morning at 6 AM EDT, washing DC area.  Checked my order status, they are shipped, but no tracking number assigned, scheduled delivery for the 14th.

0 Likes
alextripp

I just saw my order status change to deliver on the 14th. Order number was in the high 17000's. I ordered a black 32gb, assuming the order numbers have to do with models and colors. Checked my card and it hasnt been charged yet.

0 Likes
justbreathe

Boxer1 wrote:

kevinpy wrote:

brett3333 wrote:

Same here. My card was charged a few minutes ago and my status on Verizon now says set for delivery on October 14.  I ordered at about 6:30am last Thursday.

My order number is in the 5500's. They may be processing in order. If you haven't yet been charged and your order number is higher than mine, that might be the case.

I'm not sure the order numbers indicate the order we placed our pre-orders in. Mine is in the 67 thousands, and I ordered at 2:57AM EST Friday morning. It may be indicative by model though. I ordered the 32GB White. There may be ranges for each size and color, but guessing is only that, guessing. Hopefully we will all have our shiny new iPhone 4S' by Friday.

Kevin-I agree I don't think order numbers indicate anything reason I say that is my order number is in the "millions" and my card has been charged and my status changed! So we shall see!

I agree also.  I ordered the 32GB Black on Saturday morning and my order number is in the 30 thousands.  My shipping date says 10/21 and hasn't been updated, nor has my card been charged.  I'm hoping my luck changes based on everyone else's posts...

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

My card was charged as well.  Great news! 

My order number is in the 778000's, so who knows how they process orders - they may have allotments of order numbers processed by different servers so they can process many orders at the same time without having to "freeze" the database while the next order is waiting for an order number.  Or something like that.

0 Likes
Ohioste
Enthusiast - Level 2

tdelong08 wrote:

Ohioste wrote:

Yep...mine literally just changed as well!

Glad I won't have to scroll through the millions of posts that are complaining about not getting any new information.

Do you go to OSU by chance?

No, not anymore....did though...Still live in the Columbus area.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

need2knowplz wrote:

iDroid, does your order number happen to start with the numbers '14'? I wonder if that has anything to do with when it will ship or arrive?

no it does not sorry

0 Likes
thesnuffy

I ordered mine at 6:41a (EST) on 10/7 and I just got an email saying mine was delayed to 10/21. Mine was 32GB. What were the one's you ordered?

0 Likes
Boxer1

thesnuffy wrote:

I ordered mine at 6:41a (EST) on 10/7 and I just got an email saying mine was delayed to 10/21. Mine was 32GB. What were the one's you ordered?

I ordered 2-16GB-White.

0 Likes
Ansky26WS

Credit Card was just charged, ordered a 32 GB Black iPhone 4S 

Pre order placed at 1:30 pm EDT 10/07/11

Order number was in the high 80,000's 

No email from Verizon yet but "order status" on verizon tracking page has been updated recently.

No courier, status, or ship date info yet.

0 Likes