I keep losing some of my contacts. I put them in and they disappear. Help.
terla12

I keep losing some of my contacts. I put them in and they disappear. Help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I keep losing some of my contacts. I put them in and they disappear. Help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Afternoon terla12,

I know it's important to make sure your contacts are saved after you complete a new entry.

What application are you using to save your contacts? Is it Backup Assistant? Have you connected your iPhone to iTunes to see if the contact entries are being stored there?

When you say they are disappearing, do you mean from the phone itself or the application you are using to back them up?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
terla12

I have an iphone 4.

I used the contract transfer app.

It back them all up...... but then I will hear a beep tone on my phone and

when I look... random contacts are missing. Its different contacts each time it happens.

I havent added anyone in a long time.... same old contacts I have had for a year now.

: (

help

Also, I do not have a computer.... but I heard you dont need one with this phone.

I used my work computer to back up my contacts on the contact transfer app.

But my work computer is old and dosent have the ability to plug in my phone.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

I have a few thoughts that you may consider:

First - How many Contact Groups do you have?  Go to Contacts - Look at the top of your screen.  Does it say 'All Contacts'?  If you have more than one Contact Group, you'll see an option button in the upper left corner that says Groups.  This means that you have more than one - press the Groups button - the screen scrolls & you'll see all the Contact Groups you have.  To see contacts for a specific group, press that option - or press All Contacts to view all that are stored on your phone/email/iCloud, etc.

Second - If you don't have a computer to host your iTunes account, it sounds like you need to be sure you've activated iCloud, and that "Contacts" is turned "ON"  - Go to "Settings" - "iCloud" - "Contacts".  It'll walk you through the basic set up, and you can choose which information you wish to have backup to iCloud - contacts, mail, calendars, apps, photos, etc.  You get 5.0GB free; and the option to purchase additional space if needed.  

I hope this is helpful to you.  I know transitioning can be painful and confusing.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

I have a few thoughts that you may consider:

First - How many Contact Groups do you have?  Go to Contacts - Look at the top of your screen.  Does it say 'All Contacts'?  If you have more than one Contact Group, you'll see an option button in the upper left corner that says Groups.  This means that you have more than one - press the Groups button - the screen scrolls & you'll see all the Contact Groups you have.  To see contacts for a specific group, press that option - or press All Contacts to view all that are stored on your phone/email/iCloud, etc.

Second - If you don't have a computer to host your iTunes account, it sounds like you need to be sure you've activated iCloud, and that "Contacts" is turned "ON"  - Go to "Settings" - "iCloud" - "Contacts".  It'll walk you through the basic set up, and you can choose which information you wish to have backup to iCloud - contacts, mail, calendars, apps, photos, etc.  You get 5.0GB free; and the option to purchase additional space if needed.  

I hope this is helpful to you.  I know transitioning can be painful and confusing.

0 Likes
Skrovo

I am having the same problem.  Transferred contacts from old LG ENV3 phone to Verizon Back-up Assistant.  Downloaded them to IPhone4.  Used them yesterday.  This morning, they appeared on first use.  Then I drove to work and they are now gone.  Re-did Back-up Assistant several times, with no luck.  What gives? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Skrovo,

Contact issues are no fun; I feel your pain. Please ensure that you are following the steps outlined in this link http://goo.gl/otb37 to sync your contacts with Backup Assistant. I trust that following those steps will resolve your contacts concerns.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes