I'm from the US, travelling in Europe, and I'm getting "no service"
vanekji

I'm travelling in Europe, had my iPhone 4s enabled for international calling, landed and I can't get service for voice. Verizon told me i need a "sim"  in the slot ..is this true?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I'm from the US, travelling in Europe, and I'm getting "no service"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 4S should have had a Vodafone SIM Card in the slot when you purchased it from Verizon Wireless.  You would use this SIM card if you are using the Verizon Wireless international calling plan.

If you had the phone SIM unlocked, then you could get a local carrier's plan and SIM card with local number.  You would then switch out the Vodafone SIM with the local SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there vanekji!

I hope your travels in Europe are going well thus far. Now, I want to make it even better by getting your phone up and running again. The iPhone 4S does require the activation of a global SIM card for it to work abroad. Here's how you can determine if you have a SIM installed http://vz.to/15b7xNX . If so and you're looking to grab some coverage, please don't hesitate to reach out to our global support team at 908-559-4899. Additionally, utilize this tool for extra help during your travels http://bit.ly/xZd3pS .

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
oracle208

So what do you do after finding the ICCID number? I found my number but I'm still getting No Service? I called Verizon last week before traveling over to Europe and the guy on the phone told me I was wall all taken care of, said my phone would work when I turned it on after getting of the plane. So far I'll I get is No Service, same in London and In brussels.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Likes