I'm trying to turn my Wifi on, but the slider isn't working.
Jesibell77

I can't turn wifi on to search for any networks. The slider isn't giving me an option to turn it on. It looks like maybe it's disabled? I'm in my house & everything else is connected, so I'm not sure what to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm trying to turn my Wifi on, but the slider isn't working.
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Do you mean that the Slider is grayed out and won't move when you tap it?  I had this problem with my old iPhone 4.  A few steps that I tried:

• Restarting the device
  • Make sure Airplane mode is off (which it sounds like it is if you're able to connect to data)
  • You can try resetting network settings (this will require reentering your WiFi password if you have one and reconnecting to anything your phone connects to via Bluetooth) by going to General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  This is the one that actually fixed my phone for me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm trying to turn my Wifi on, but the slider isn't working.
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Do you mean that the Slider is grayed out and won't move when you tap it?  I had this problem with my old iPhone 4.  A few steps that I tried:

• Restarting the device
  • Make sure Airplane mode is off (which it sounds like it is if you're able to connect to data)
  • You can try resetting network settings (this will require reentering your WiFi password if you have one and reconnecting to anything your phone connects to via Bluetooth) by going to General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  This is the one that actually fixed my phone for me.
0 Likes