I need to unlock my iPhone 4 8GB, but how? Verizon store said it was illegal and I know that's absurd.
msp1518

Hi. I have been with Verizon for around 15 years. When I had a BlackBerry Storm2 Verizon unlocked it for me and I used it while overseas. It was easy and I appreciated it. I currently have an iPhone 4. It's old, but whatever. I would like to unlock it, but when I visited an official Verizon store today they were kind of condescending and told me it is illegal to unlock a phone. Then they tried selling me an iPhone 6.

I would appreciate assistance on how to unlock my current iPhone 4. I've been a Verizon customer way too long to get the runaround. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I need to unlock my iPhone 4 8GB, but how? Verizon store said it was illegal and I know that's absurd.
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Since you have been with Verizon for so long, you should also know that the iPhone 4 is a CDMA only phone and can only be used on that type of network.  Your Storm2 had multiple radios (CDMA & GSM) and a SIM slot/card so that it could be unlocked and used on other carrier networks such as AT&T, T-Mobile and overseas carriers.

While the sales people at the Verizon store were indeed incorrect to tell you it was illegal to simply unlock a phone, it is also not possible for your iPhone 4 due to hardware limitations (no GSM radio & no SIM slot), of course you already knew knew that because you have been with Verizon for so long.

0 Likes
Re: I need to unlock my iPhone 4 8GB, but how? Verizon store said it was illegal and I know that's absurd.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about your recent trip to the store, msp1518. I can clarify this for you. Unfortunately, the iPhone 4 can not be unlocked. I apologize for the inconvenience.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes