I updated to 7.1.1 and now I cannot get my 3G to work. The wireless says it is working...but it really is not. Can someone help? Should I go to the Apple Genius Bar or should I go to the local Verizon store?
nicholjo

I updated to 7.1.1 and now I cannot get my 3G to work.  The wireless says it is working...but it really is not.  Can someone help?  Should I go to the Apple Genius Bar or should I go to the local Verizon store?

This is totally frustrating.  I have restarted it manually at least 6 times. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I updated to 7.1.1 and now I cannot get my 3G to work.  The wireless says it is working...but it really is not.  Can someone help?  Should I go to the Apple Genius Bar or should I go to the local Verizon store?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nicholjo,

Software updates are supposed to make the device better! I apologize that this has not occured with 7.1.1 update. Are you receiving a specific error message when you attempt to use the data? Is this issue occuring everywhere you go or in just one location? Try a soft reset to the device http://vz.to/1fe5Bxh .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: I updated to 7.1.1 and now I cannot get my 3G to work.  The wireless says it is working...but it really is not.  Can someone help?  Should I go to the Apple Genius Bar or should I go to the local Verizon store?
Not applicable

Go to Apple Store. Apple put out the update to 7.1.1 and not Verizon.

Verizon Wireless has nothing to do with Apple updates.

Good Luck