Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IOS6 upgrade
Las1961

I got a message on my 4S phone today to upgrade to IOS6. I started the upgrade .  A screen popped up "other network".  What am I suppose to fill in?  I am at work and don't know our network info.  thx Lee Ann

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IOS6 upgrade
BDA
Novice

I think it will only download if connected to wifi. If you are not in a wifi area I think it just suspends the download and picks back up where it left off, at least that what it seemed that way on mine.

0 Likes
gina7239

You can only do it in wifi so maybe it's asking to pick a wifi location but there is none so it's not showing anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Las1961,

The update to iOS 6 is only available while connected to a WiFi network or manually connected to iTunes. The popup that shows "other network" is intended for you to select a network to connect. Since only "other network" is listed, it means there aren't any available WiFi networks in your area. I recommend waiting until you're in area with WiFi that you know the login details to finish the download.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Las1961,

The update to iOS 6 is only available while connected to a WiFi network or manually connected to iTunes. The popup that shows "other network" is intended for you to select a network to connect. Since only "other network" is listed, it means there aren't any available WiFi networks in your area. I recommend waiting until you're in area with WiFi that you know the login details to finish the download.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes