IPhone 4s can not recieve picture messages from non- iphones
bgeorge843

My IPhone 4s can not receive or send picture messages from non Iphones. Also, I do not receive group text if there is someone in the group that does not have an IPhone. thanks for the help in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 4s can not recieve picture messages from non- iphones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bgeorge843,

Oh No! My sincere apologies for the issues that are occuring with your device. I definitely understand how important it is to have access to your MMS. I can certainly help you gain this availability. First, let's validate a few settings. On the home screen please select Settings>Messages>MMS Messaging>On. Are you able to send MMS messages to alternative devices? When did this begin? Please share details, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bgeorge843

It started several months ago and i checked the settings and they are correct. and yes i can send any kind of messages to iphones but if any non iphones are a part of the message, it does not send

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear bgeorge843,

Good afternoon. Thank you so much for trying the troubleshooting steps provided. Let's try other options in troubleshooting.

First lets reset your network settings. For directions on how to reset your network settings click http://vz.to/19OMzKU . I also noticed you mention you have no problems sending pictures to iPhones. Also, are you the account owner? Have you verified there are no blocks on your account that may restrict you from sending picture messages? We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
sinetrogue

bgeorge843, were you able to resolve this? Having the exact same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no sinetrogue!

We definitely can't have you missing those precious moments! Were you able to try the above steps to attempt to resolve? This would include turning on MMS via Settings>Messages>MMS Messaging>On as well as resetting your network settings here: http://vz.to/19OMzKU

What were the results? Are you able to send pictures? How are your text and iMessages?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes