IPhone4 dead! HELP !!!
Bethxena62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help My brand new IPhone4 just went dead and wont turn back on and wont charge back on !

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone4 dead! HELP !!!
Exiled21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try reseting it, hold the power button up top and the home button untill the apple logo comes up. This happens every now and then, happened on my ipod touch one time also. Hope it works for you, i figure it will.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Exiled21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try reseting it, hold the power button up top and the home button untill the apple logo comes up. This happens every now and then, happened on my ipod touch one time also. Hope it works for you, i figure it will.

0 Likes
sfitzpa

This happened to me yesterday after having the phone for 5 days with no issue. Brought the unresponsive phone into the verizon store. They messed with it in front of me at the counter and could not make the phone respond (just a black screen). The service rep. took the phone into the back of store and appeared about 7-8 minutes later with the phone working. Service rep. said he just plugged in the charger and held the power button until the apple screen appeared. I had tried that at home but perhaps I didn't hold the power button long enough ???

Anyway it's working now and it seems fine - something to try.

You can also bring the phone to the apple store where they can to quick diagnostics (although the queue is usually long).

0 Likes
AMStillman
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG, This post saved my day!  I had accidently dropped my iphone this morning, fell about 4 feet straight to the kitchen floor.  Immediately tried power and home buttons to turn on or reboot and nothing, just black screen.  Until... I read your posts here.  I plugged it in (note, no power sound like usual) and held the power and home button for what seemed like forever (like 2 minutes or so) and finally (just as I was about to give up and head to the store for tech assist, all the while fearing replacement was inevitable) the apple symbol appeared.  Yeah!  Back in business as if nothing had happened.  Thanks sooooo much!

0 Likes
SimoneSass

You were correct my phone needed to be reset. I held both buttons as you stated and my phone came back on.

Thank you

0 Likes