If I suspend my son's iphone, will it then work as an ipod touch, with only the typical phone/text functionality disabled?
lala22

If I suspend my son's iphone, will it then work as an ipod touch, with only the typical phone/text functionality disabled?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I suspend my son's iphone, will it then work as an ipod touch, with only the typical phone/text functionality disabled?
Not applicable

Yes. And that applies to any smartphone.

0 Likes
Re: If I suspend my son's iphone, will it then work as an ipod touch, with only the typical phone/text functionality disabled?
teammckinney

What about iMessage in an area with wifi?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Since an iPod Touch can send iMessages, I would assume yes.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would say you're correct ... I saw a post the other day where someone had deactivated their iPhone but was still receiving iMessages over wi-fi.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Yes. A short while back my iPod Touch took a dive and I replaced it with an iPhone (it was actually cheaper then the iPod Touch). I have used this for 6 months now and can do anything on the phone except make calls as there is no network behind it. I can sent texts over WiFi using an app, and all other functions do work including maps and GPS.