If someone steals you iPhone4 can you track it?
miniguez43

can you track your phone if it is stolen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If someone steals you iPhone4 can you track it?
Tidbits
Legend

Only if you set up find my iphone and that person didn't do a factory reset.

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

no, all the new iphones come with ios 5, which you dont need to install find my iPhone

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

yes sir you can! if you got your iPhone after October, theres a high chance that you have ios 5 with iCloud, if you want to test your tracking capabilities, go to www.icloud.com and log in with the apple account you set up your iPhone with, then click on the radar or find my iPhone, after that, it should show you all the devices in your account, select your iPhone, and it should show you its most current location, from there you can set up a new passcode, send message and play sound (sound will still work even if the phone is in silent mode), and you can also wipe out the phone completely if you have something that is top secret in there. if you need more help or couldnt figure this out, let me know, ill be glad to help.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's is INCORRECT.  The iPhone 4 had that feature built in.  Since the iPhone 4 all of them should have it installed.  Only the 2G, 3G, and 3GS will not have the feature.

Once someone does a factory reset it doesn't matter anyway.

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

Not true, if you set up a passcode from find my iphone, the person who found it or stole it can't do anything! Geez! Think.before you say!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can still turn off the phone plug it into iTUnes and do a factory reset...  Think before you say!

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

You can't factory reset it if its locked, even if you plug it in, it will say that the iPhone is locked, trust me this happend to my iphone, didn't have find my iphone but did have ios 5 and I could locate it

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just turn it off so you can't be tracked.  Turn it on into DFU mode(Still can't be tracked), and then factory reset on iTunes.  Viola can't be tracked and you got a new iPhone.  It can't be used on any CDMA carrier unless the company is willing to import the IMEI on their network or can be jailbroken and unlocked(4S only) to work on GSM carriers.

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

Well yea... that's true but you're going to have to use it as an iPod touch because you wouldnt be able to activate it...

0 Likes