Im having a problem with text messaging on my Iphone4s
BrandonH1120

The problem started about 2 days ago. Me and my friend were texting and all of a sudden he stopped getting my text. Now i texted him asking if he got my text, and he said No. So we figured it was just a error no biggie right? then it started happening again about 2 hours later. Now we can text but sometimes he doesnt get my text. The text on my phone says that the message was sent, but its as if the text was sent but got lost? if that makes sense.  He does get my texts most of the time but sometimes he doesnt. Now this is not happening to any one else i text, its just him. I dont know if its because of the phones? or what? could it be his phone? i Im trying to figure out why this is happening all of a sudden. And i have no clue why. If someone could please answer my question.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Im having a problem with text messaging on my Iphone4s
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

Are both your friend and you using iPhone?  If so, go to Settings - Messages - and be sure that "Send As SMS" is turned "ON".  This will ensure that whenever you don't have the required connectivity for iMessaging, the message will be sent as a plain (SMS) text instead.  Also - you should be sure that the "iMessage" switch is turned "ON" - which is more of a convenience, but would prevent the iMessage capability between various iOS devices.

0 Likes
p0207111

So I have been having the same problem the last few days with one individual.  He has ATT (not an iphone) and I have verizon and an Iphone.  I'm sending and receiving texts from all other types of plans (ATT, Sprint, and Verizon) as well as all types of devices.  I cannot figure this out.  I have SMS turned on and I have iMessage turned on.  It is just happening with this one person - he cannot get my messages, but he can text me fine - he can call me just fine.  I can call him just fine and when I text him - it says it went, but he never gets it!  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi p0207111,

Thanks for reaching out to us.  I would be frustrated if my messages were not going through. We would need some additional information to see if the messages are going through our server.  Please send us a private message on our page with your contact info along with the number you are trying to text.  Also, please provide the dates and times so we can verify this.  If the messages are going through on our server, then the problem would be on the AT&T side.  We can always file a ticket and have our engineers get this resolved.  I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
andrewmm

I am now having this issue. The person is recieving my texts but I am not getting theirs. Needless to say this is someone that I REFUSE to lose contact with. How do I send a private message about this?? I'm extremely frustrated and upset. I also can call this person and they can call me but due to it being an international number this is not practical so we text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that staying in contact with friends and family overseas is very important p0207111. Are you able to send and receive text from all other contacts on your phone and everyone in the U.S. What country are they sending text from. Have they been able to text you previously? Did they ensure they are not being blocked from their international carrier? If you are able to send and receive text from everyone else, the issue may not be your phone and they will need to check with their carrier for any issues. You can send a private message by clicking creat at the top of your screen and choosing us as the recipient and entering in your message. You can also call us from an alternate phone at 1-800-922-0204 and we can trouble-shoot your issue.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes