Iphone 4 3g stops working or changes to o
Halofreakb
Ive had my verizon iphone 4 for 2 months now and just today the 3g would randomly stop working or the 3g symbol would switch to o....this has never happened before....is this a problem?...is it damaged? Please help me
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 4 3g stops working or changes to o
Not applicable

If the device has been replaced and you’re still having issues then what we could do next is file a trouble ticket on your behalf. I will PM you to give you details on what that entails and get your mobile telephone number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

This is actually quite common, I have the same issue with my iPhone being I am in a bad service area

The 3G service will not be available everywhere, and may switch from 3G to o randomly anywhere at any time

0 Likes
droid-geek
Enthusiast - Level 3

mikedamirault wrote:

This is actually quite common, I have the same issue with my iPhone being I am in a bad service area

The 3G service will not be available everywhere, and may switch from 3G to o randomly anywhere at any time

Or it could be like the ongoing crud in my area - they "updgraded" the towers, since we were originally an AllTel service area.  Now that they have done that, I'm dropping 3G signal right and left where I used to get a good signal.  It's beginning to look like AT&T service here locally.  I've mentioned it to the corporate store several times and they tell me they will put ANOTHER ticket in about it (they know about the problem and they know that if I'm complaining, it HAS to be bad).  Seems like they just can't get their act together on the towers.  It's very dissapointing to be where I used to get 4 bars on my iPhone and only get 2 now, and drive around the loop around Palestine, TX and drop 3G signal about every 2 miles.

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

I have had the same problem and I'm in Dallas, TX. There 3G signal is weak and often dropps when streaming siriusxm, pandora, etc. The "o" is their Edge service which is extremely slow.

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for all the replies. Please make sure your phone's software is up to date. The latest software is 4.2.8. To verify that you have the latest software: 

1. Select Settings

2. Select General

3. Select About

You can update your software by plugging the phone to your iTunes.

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
djc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had the same issue.  Frequently flips between 3G and "o" even though I'll have four bars.  Verizon initially swapped out the iPhone, same thing happens with the new one.  I've installed the updates the day they come out in the hopes they fix the problem, so far no luck.

I also have a Motorola Barrage rugged flip phone - it is ALWAYS in 3G mode.  I've never seen it go into 1x mode.

0 Likes
NJAnalyst
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have the same problem in New Jersey. When the signal is weak it drops down to o for a while and then goes back to 3G. I pick up WiFi whenever I can to avoid the slower speeds.
0 Likes
Chris89c
I have just upgraded my version hopefully it helps this issue
0 Likes
parkernathan
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried *228 Option 2 to update your network info?

0 Likes
NJAnalyst
Enthusiast - Level 2
I tried all suggestions and they don't work. I think it's a network issue but vz won't admit it.
0 Likes