Iphone 4 Sending Empty Text Messages
mjthe

I have an Iphone 4 and sometimes when I send a text message to multiple people, they receive a message from me but there is no text. Sometimes everyone receives a blank message and sometimes some of the people receive the text and some receive a blank message.  My app on my phone correctly shows the text with everyone attached. Has anyone ever seen this or knows what is wrong.  I've applied the latest updates to the phone (via iTunes), but it still happens. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 Sending Empty Text Messages
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are the people that you send text to on a different wireless provider? Also, do the texts that appear blank include pictures? I ask this because with some providers (or perhaps it is some phones on that provider) if you send a picture that is too large then your receipents will get a blank text. This happened often with me when I had my BlackBerry and sent pictures to my friend on AT&T. If I didn't resize the picture (if taken at the highest quality) then she would not be able to see it. Also, are you using the native camera app or did you download a different one from the app store and are using that?

0 Likes
mjthe

I'm sending text only messages (no pictures), no special characters, english alphabet only. The messages are usually no larger than 50 - 60 characters total.  I've had it happen with people who also have Verizon as well as people on other carriers.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You might need to contact tech support and have them look into your issue. It's not a normal issue and it's not widespread to the best of my knowledge. It's possible that it's your device, but you stated that some in the group will get the message and others get the blank ones.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for the great information provided. 

mjthe, I can understand the need of text messages being delivered properly. I would like to assist you further with this. We need to further troubleshoot the issue as I need to access your account to ensure all settings are correct. Please send me a PM with your name and mobile number. I will contact you to assist you further.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Sparty45

I think that this a widespread problem.  I have an android device and anytime i receive a group text from an iphone it comes across as blank, it's pretty annoying, it happens almost everyday.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sparty45 wrote:

I think that this a widespread problem.  I have an android device and anytime i receive a group text from an iphone it comes across as blank, it's pretty annoying, it happens almost everyday.

It's possible that the issue in your case is Android and iPhone connected...not just a blanket iPhone problem. No one that I send group texts to have reported receiving a blank text from me...none of the people I have sent a group text to have iPhones...I know one person in the group has one of the Droid devices (can't recall which one). Most of the others have BB's. Like I said, I'm not aware of it being a widespread issue...not saying that it isn't. Maybe I've been the lucky one. You might consider asking what ever iPhone user(s) are sending you a group text exclude you from their group list and just send the text to you seperate. Might seem like an inconvenience but if it's really annoying you and it only happens from iPhones in group texts it's the only way you're going to be able to stop the issue at this point it seems.

0 Likes
feve

This is happening to me too.  I'm not sure if the problem is on my end (I have an LG Optimus) or something on the iPhone's end.  It is really annoying to have to reply to texts and ask people to resend them individually.

0 Likes