Iphone 4 problems
verna2197
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have several problems going on, I do have a Network Extender at home. Have a metal roof and live in the woods.

1. When at home, someone calls me, they say I sound all garbled and its terrible, when not at home they say I do sound better

2. A lot of the time I do not get ringtones, txt tones or anything when someone calls, txt or pic msg me.

3. Data is very slow, no matter where I am, at home or even in a big city.

Can anyone help me with these problems, please, about ready to throw this phone in the trash.

verna2197

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 problems
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the phone connecting to the VZW network through the network extender? How does the phone work without the extender? How about other phone? How do other devices sound through the extender? Does your internet connection have the quality of service needed to support the network extender and your regular web traffic?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear verna2197,

Good afternoon. Being able to have reliable service at home is important. I am sorry to hear of the difficulites you have been experiencing. Allow us to get to the bottom of your service concerns.

When did you start experiencing signal issues? After puchasing the Network Extender have you seen improvement? I would suggest to reset your Network Extender by simply powering if off then back on. I also want to look at your home coverage area. Can you please provide us with your zip code and the make and model phone you are using? We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
verna2197
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi we have had the Network Extender for a few years now. My zipcode is 38574 and I have the IPhone 4, my husband has the Iphone 4s.

The issue has been going on for quite awhile now, and no I do not see any improvement with the Network Extender. We had this before I got my Iphone.

Now if I go anywhere else its awesome, no problem. Also my husband does not have the trouble that I am having with my iphone. His works great.

I did unplug the Network Extender and waited a few minutes and plugged it back in. Will have to let you know if that will help but I don't really think it will as our internet goes out quite often and when it does the Network Extender does too. I did dial the number to see if my Iphone was connected to the NE and there is a message saying yes that I am.

Verna 2197

0 Likes
verna2197
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the message I get yes the phone is working thru the NE. If I am somewhere else the phone works great. Not sure about the internet, I have high speed DSL, MY husbands Iphone works great at home, just not mine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

verna2197, service is tricky indoors! Let's reset the network in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. You will then need to update the roaming capabilities by dialing *611 and choosing option 2. I trust that these steps will improve the reception of your device. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concerns, verna2197. The Network Extender is used to help improve signal when you are indoors. It may be more difficult depending on where you are using the extender & it seems that may be the problem here. Being in the woods, with a metal roof and sketchy internet access are all working against you.
I'm guessing all of these steps have been completed http://vz.to/16u7mOy, correct?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
verna2197
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes I did check all the steps. The Network Extender is not the problem, its my Iphone. What I don't understand is my husband Iphone has no problems, mine does and always have. I have contacted Verizon so many times over this and its like they just don't give a crap. Not once did they offer to replace the phone or try to help me with my problem.

0 Likes
verna2197
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just now did these steps, but it wasn't *611 its *228 that you call. I will let you know if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

verna2197,

I am sorry that you have had so many issues with this. We definitely want to find a fix and get your device connected. Can you please follow and then DM me at TonyG_VZWSupport and send me a message with your mobile number and billing password. We will take a look at all options available and find a viable solution to this.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes