Iphone 4s 3G not working
jmar25

Whenever I try using anything that requires internet it does not work. If I go to safari the blue download bar does not show any progress and after a minute I get a message saying that the command has timed out. When I connect to Wifi I have internet access, but only when I have a wifi connection.

I have tried restarting the phone, toggling 3G on and off and I've also reset the network settings under general settings. Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s 3G not working
Not applicable

jmar25 wrote:

Whenever I try using anything that requires internet it does not work. If I go to safari the blue download bar does not show any progress and after a minute I get a message saying that the command has timed out. When I connect to Wifi I have internet access, but only when I have a wifi connection.

I have tried restarting the phone, toggling 3G on and off and I've also reset the network settings under general settings. Any help?

You do have the Cellular data set to "ON"? I had to ask...

Did you call Verizon tech support yet? if not call the 800 number to be able to troubleshoot the problem.

You can also do this at a company store for faster service.

Make sure the carrier selected is the "A" carrier which is Verizon. It does vary by where in the country you live.

I would go into the store if I had the choice.

You could also turn off wifi and have cellular data on and go to a major part of town and test the 3G

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s 3G not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmar25, thanks for detailing everything you've done to attempt to resolve this issue. You've tried several steps already. Are you still having issues connecting to internet? Does your phone show Verizon and 3G signal? Please also dial *228 option 2 and reboot. If all other settings including the steps elector has recommended are correct, we'll need to review your account to make sure you're setup correctly. Please either send me a direct message or call us at 800-922-0204 from a different phone.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes