Iphone 4s help?
Cassy4xo

I recently over the weekend dropped my Iphone in water for a few seconds and quickly picked it up. It was not very wet but I dried it very well and it was fine. Today, I went to turn my phone off and it turned back on by itself very quickly. I soon realized I cannot turn my phone off. Once I turned my phone off it automatically comes back on. I tried holding down the middle circle button and the button on the very top together to maybe restart it and turn it off but once it turns off it comes right back on. I don't know what to do at all does anyone have similar problems?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s help?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

You may want to check and see if you can see any still existing moisture (check the headphone jack, and the charging port as well). You can try to place it in a bag of white rice (uncooked of course) for a good few hours (12 or more) and see if that helps draw any moisture out. Aside from that, water does some nasty things to electronics, so you may have a somewhat damaged device now.

0 Likes
Cassy4xo

All spots where water damage is shown are red but do you think if I were to put it in rice overnight it may draw the rest of the moisture out or do you think because it's red it is completely damaged?

0 Likes
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

It's hard to tell, some say that those "outer" water markers can be "set off" by just about anything (humidity, etc), and that the real tell all is when the device is opened, and/of if the internal water markers are also red. You can try the rice trick, and it may, or may not work, more likely by this point if there is water inside, it's already started corroding things, but it can't do any more damage to give it a shot.

0 Likes