Iphone 4s order cancelled
ragnar

Just received an email from Verizon that my pre-ordered Iphone 4s has been cancelled.

No explaination why.  Cancelling my Verizon in return.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s order cancelled
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

have you tried calling customer service to find out why?

0 Likes
SGMD1
Enthusiast - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

have you tried calling customer service to find out why?

x2. Sometimes these things happen...especially when a product sells 4 million units in its first weekend.

0 Likes
Kharmha
I had the same issue and called customer service. They said it is an issue with their server. My orders is still there and will be shipped at the schedule day.
I would call customer service just to be sure
0 Likes
smaher6897

I woke up to the same email this morning. Customer service was experiencing "higher than normal volume" so my guess is we aren't alone in this situation.  Let me know if you get through!

0 Likes
daejeong

I am in the same exact situation.  I called CS, and they told me that the email was sent erroneously by the server.  However, in the words of the CSR, they will, "send me another email updating the status of your order".  I don't know what that's supposed to mean, whether its going to come this Friday like it should have, or if its been delayed.

0 Likes
gatwood

Got the same e-mail.  Actually went to my local Verizon store, because - God forbid - you should be able to reach anyone by phone.  The manager there told me that they have already flagged the issue as a high priority and according to the e-mail she got that we would get an e-mail explaining what happened.  The order are supposed to still be valid and we're supposed to get them when we're scheduled to.  We'll see....

0 Likes
bigflipp

I got the same email and this got this email.

I'm curious if the disregard all shipping dates line is a good or bad thing. 

Important information about your iPhone 4 order. Congratulations and thank you for your iPhone pre-order. We know that you are
anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new phone. Due to a technical problem, you may have received a notice this morning advising
you that your recent order with Verizon Wireless was cancelled. This was sent in
error, and we assure you that your order WAS NOT cancelled. Your order is currently being processed by our shipping team, and you will receive 
a shipping confirmation email as soon as your order is fulfilled. If you have already contacted us regarding a replacement order, we will ensure you
do not receive a duplicate shipment. In addition, please disregard any shipping dates
that were provided in your replacement order confirmation. We will expedite the 
processing of these orders and ship them to you as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you 
have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
daejeong

Just an update:  I looked up my order status using the number from the original email, and the system is back to saying what it was originally (Expected Ship Date: 10/21/2011)

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ragnar, 

I apologize for the confusion with your iPhone 4S order and I am hopeful as resolution has been identified in the interim.  If not, I would be happy to review your account in effort to identify what transpired.  I understand your eagerness to receive your new phone. Please PM me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing form you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums, 

0 Likes