Iphone 4s randomly shuts down.
chamer

My iphone randomly started restarting itself. Occasionally the phone would shut down, go to restart itself and then get stuck on the apple start up screen.

I reset my phone twice, and tried installing it from the back up saved on my laptop. It continued to do the same thing. I took it to an apple store in England (because I am currently visiting). They reset my phone and I tried to see if it would work without installing my back up data, and it wouldn't save pictures to the camera roll and would shut down as well. They believed it was a hardware issue but couldn't switch my phone because of the different countries. Would I be able to get it fixed at Verizon or have to make the one and a half hour car journey to visit an apple store when I get home?

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s randomly shuts down.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there chamer!

I hope your trip went well! I am sorry to hear about the phone problems though. Did you get everything worked out? Are you still having this issue? Just an FYI, you can always call in and if all the proper troubleshooting has been done, we can send out a replacement without having to visit a store. Keep us posted. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s randomly shuts down.
kimliles
Enthusiast - Level 2

well i hate to be the bearer of bad news.. But i had an iphone 4 that started doing that in may 2012.  All verizon did was reset it repeatedly refusing to replace it, all while the camera wasnt working , etc and called repeatedly.  Finally got aggravated by master resetting my phone(backing up and restoring) and went to upgrade, which the store in Chesapeake va was really rude, so then i went to a galaxy s3 bc i got it cheaper from sams then the stores and it had major flaws because it wasnt programmed correctly.  Again Chesapeake store was rude, and not knowledgeable and here it is two months later with 4 brandnew fones and still not working... So my best advice, let apple fix your phone, and buy upgrades from them.... At least when i got equipment from them it worked for 15mths without even a missed call.

0 Likes