Iphone - Insurance is a Scam
pattydlc

I took my phone to a Verizon Store to have their technical support team troubleshoot my phone since I was having bluetooth issues. The agent looked up my account and saw I had insurance...She used a flashlight to take a look at the phone and said I was eligible to receive a replacement. The next day I received a new phone with instructions on how to return the old one. It said to make sure the  "Liquid Contact Indicator" was not triggered. I took a look at the phone and everything was perfect...just a little dust and lint from having it in my pocket.

To my dismay, 1 month later I received an email stating I returned a phone with corrosion and water damage and that I would be charged $299...This was outrageous since I never asked for a new phone in the first place AND my phone was in PERFECT condition. They attached a photo that showed the "corrosion." This was in an area with plastic...impossible to have been corrosion!! They were pointing at the lint and dust. The photo showed that the "liquid contact indicator" was not triggered...so how do they explain corrosion if the phone had not been in contact with water???

I contacted customer service and the store manager where I had taken the phone in the first place. They both said that they could only go by what the photo showed....I took the picture to the Apple Store and their "Genius Bar" employee agreed with me...it was plastic and could not be corroded!!!

I am not willing to pay $299 for a phone that was sent in perfect condition...To make things worst, the new phone didn't solve my bluetooth issues!!

Their insurance plan is a SCAM!!! Once they have your phone they can't return it so you can't even prove your point!!!

DO NOT PAY ANY EXTRA MONEY FOR VERIZON WIRELESS INSURANCE!!!!

Needless to say, I"m counting the days for my contract to be over with Verizon so that I can go to another company. They are not the only ones that carry the iPhone!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone - Insurance is a Scam
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

Chalk it up as lesson learned and move on

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't think this has anything to do with insurance, it's a warranty issue.  You returned the phone for a warranty replacement which they sent you.  Then, after looking at the phone, they denied your warranty claim and billed you for the replacement phone.  That has nothing to do with your insurance policy or your insurance provider, whoever that is.  The obvious question is, should they have allowed the warranty claim or not??

0 Likes
Iphone - Insurance is a Scam
pattydlc

Yes, it's the extended warranty...which I pay $1.99 a month for.....Move on??? $299 is a lot of money for a perfect phone!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

But is was a warranty claim that got denied.  It was not an insurance claim and the title of this thread is blatantly false.

0 Likes
823caleb
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is why I have Apple Care for my phone.  If I have a problem I know Apple will take care of it fairly.  It has done so with all my Apple products. 

Weth
Legend

Agree, if you are going to get an extended warranty, get Apple Care +. It also covers accidental damage, but not theft. It is better deal and less headaches than Assurion extended warranty under Verizon.

0 Likes