Iphone/Texting
blm171
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched from Straight Talk to Verizon Prepaid because I was given a pretty much brand new iphone 4s. The problem is I cannot receive texts from people who have Verizon. I get them from AT & T and other servers. But NOT Verizon!!! Help !! Some ppl say they can read mine. But then I still don't get their response. Thank You !

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone/Texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello blm171.

Welcome to Verizon Wireless! I want to make sure everything with your service is working as it should. When you started service with our prepaid, did you port your existing number or did you get a new number? At times a port can result in a delay for service to be fully functional. At the latest, issues from a port over are resolved in the first 72 hours.

Because you have an iPhone now, we'll want to make sure you have the right messaging features enabled. Please go to Settings>Messages and ensure that iMessage is enabled as well as Send as SMS and MMS Messaging. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Iphone/Texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello blm171.

Welcome to Verizon Wireless! I want to make sure everything with your service is working as it should. When you started service with our prepaid, did you port your existing number or did you get a new number? At times a port can result in a delay for service to be fully functional. At the latest, issues from a port over are resolved in the first 72 hours.

Because you have an iPhone now, we'll want to make sure you have the right messaging features enabled. Please go to Settings>Messages and ensure that iMessage is enabled as well as Send as SMS and MMS Messaging. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes