Iphone Trouble
Taylor86

I just went to upgrade my phone to the iphone 4 and for some reason i wasnt able to even get through the set up process. It says "NO SIM CARD" The iphone 4 does not have a sim card. I know the Iphone 4S does. Not sure what that means and I cannot even get to the key pad to activate it. Any suggestions to this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone Trouble
CindiG1231

Taylor,

I spent about 2 hours on hold with Tech support today for the same reason--a regular iPhone 4 that would not activate becuse of a SIM card error.  And you are correct, the 4 does not have a SIM card.  Turns out the network problems have affected some of the iPhone activations as well, and there is no rhyme or reason to which ones are activating.  Hopefully this will all be rectified by morning.  I know they are working feverishly to get things up and running again.

Best,

Cindi

Taylor86 wrote:

I just went to upgrade my phone to the iphone 4 and for some reason i wasnt able to even get through the set up process. It says "NO SIM CARD" The iphone 4 does not have a sim card. I know the Iphone 4S does. Not sure what that means and I cannot even get to the key pad to activate it. Any suggestions to this?

0 Likes
Taylor86
Cindi, thanks. Greatly appreciated. Yes hopefully this problem I'd fixed by today. I was at verizon store for like 2hrs and noone seemed to know anything. They just told me to code back friday snd pick up my phone. So that sucks.
0 Likes
britinboise

call 1-800-myapple if you dont get help, you have a limited time to get free tech support from the source!

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your replies.

Hello Taylor 86

I understand the issue is with an iphone 4 having an activation issue. I would be glad to look into this for you. Please attempt a hard reset on the device and reactivation with itunes. Here's a link for the hard reset: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39607

Please let me know if this fixes the issue, if not I will further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
britinboise

Hi I think you sent this to the wrong customer as I do not have my iphone yet!

Christina  Britinboise@yahoo.com

If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

- Thomas Edison

>

0 Likes