Re: Iphone sending text to email as attachments
Riouxml974

I am having the some problem as are many of my customers.  I have a process alarm notification software that sends out text messages when an alarm occurs.  The recipients can then reply to the text message to a gmail account where the software checks for responses to decide what to do next.  The software can't read into the attachments, so no action is initiated.  I am in a major bind with this.  Please give us some indication that there is work being done to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
hellojane

My husband started experiencing this "text message as email attachment" bug after he upgraded to iOS 6. I'm still on iOS 5 and my text messages are fine. As far as I can tell, the only difference between our iPhone 4S's is the OS. This is very annoying and we'd be grateful for a fix.

0 Likes
horserider

Is this problem being worked on or being ignored?  An update would be nice and fixing the problem even better.

0 Likes
hellojane

Turning off MMS doesn't work. Like others, when we turn off MMS we get an error message that MMS must be turned on to send a text message to an email address. And then, of course, when MMS is turned on, the text message is received as an annoying little attachment. This only started happening with OS 6.0 and 6.0.1. Doesn't happen with OS 5. Help please! Thanks.

0 Likes
WMCGEE

I am having the same issue at a client and have the following info to add to this issue. 

I have two users using the iphone 4s with Version 6.0 (10A403).  One is VZ and the other is ATT. 

When the VZ phone sends txt to e-mail to two users using two different exchange environments the VZ users message is an attachment for USER A but is NOT an attachment for USER B.  The AT&T phone with version 6.0 (10A403) sends fine to both USER A&B so there is NOT an attachment for either user. 

User A also comes through Barracuda SPAM filter. 

The message to the users came from the following VTEXT servers.
User A: njbrspamp5.vtext.com
User B: njbrspamp6.vtext.com

I am continuing to investigate.  If anyone is seeing similar comparisons to this please advise. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When sending a message to an email address, the phone will automatically convert it to an MMS (picture message) if there are more than 160 characters (which also includes the email address you're sending it to as well as your 10 digit number@vzwpix.com) or if there are any special characters or pictures in the message. An MMS can contain much more text than an SMS (text message) and offers a larger variety of characters too.

If the message you are sending doesn't seem to fit the description I mentioned above, try these steps to reboot your messaging:
turn off imessage http://bit.ly/uSzAvl
turn off mms http://bit.ly/QRHCb0
restart phone http://bit.ly/tXe7I4
turn on imessage
turn on mms

These steps will help to refresh your messaging for your iPhone 4s and ensure the message is being sent the most appropriate way.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
horserider

I tried the steps you suggested and nothing changed.  My text messages still are attachments on email.

0 Likes
VeriZero

No. This "fix" does not work. Hop to it, Verizon! You're going to lose me if you can't resolve such a fundamental issue.

0 Likes
hellojane

Didn't work for us, either.

0 Likes
ruinouspowers

This is ridiculous! There must be thousands of iphone users on the verizon network who are using ios6 and having this same problem. This community should be absolutely flooded with complaints about this issue, and it should have been fixed months ago. It affects every iphone user and everyone they text by email (or email by text, whatever). How can it not be a top priority? I spend half my workday opening email attachments just to read people's texts, and I never know what I'm replying to because the emails all show up with no subjects and the attachments are always named the same thing (text_0.txt). FIX IT!!!!!

0 Likes