Iphone4 Maps?
kizzle53

Ok wondering if the iphone has navigation maps that are free and good? It doesnt have to be voice activated but as long is it keeps up to where i am if im moving in the car. Like google maps with navigation? anything like that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone4 Maps?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Check the App store to see what fits your needs. Although there are plenty of reviews on each App you'll likely notice that some will sing praises while some will say they are trash. If you're already an iPhone owner then test them out and come to your own final conclusion. If you're not you'll have to rely heavily on the reviews of others...hopefully you can weed through them and determine an accurate (or as close to accurate as opinion allows) idea of how they work.

0 Likes
kizzle53

kaebfly wrote:

Check the App store to see what fits your needs. Although there are plenty of reviews on each App you'll likely notice that some will sing praises while some will say they are trash. If you're already an iPhone owner then test them out and come to your own final conclusion. If you're not you'll have to rely heavily on the reviews of others...hopefully you can weed through them and determine an accurate (or as close to accurate as opinion allows) idea of how they work.

ok thank you.. Dont have the iphone yet might have it by end of day but was wondering if it had GPS and location and maybe turn by turn directions

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There are apps for that...but how well they work or if they fit your needs is difficult to answer...I personally have not used them because I have OnStar service in my car and don't have a need for another GPS service, but I have noticed comments in other forums by people that use them. Some swear by them and some complain that they don't work well. If you do get the phone just make testing apps one of the top things you do to see if it works for you...just in case it's a deal breaker on you keeping the phone or not. Good luck!

0 Likes
droid-geek
Enthusiast - Level 3

kizzle53 wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

ok thank you.. Dont have the iphone yet might have it by end of day but was wondering if it had GPS and location and maybe turn by turn directions

TomTom has one, Garmin has one and there is another one, but they vary from around 29.99 to 49.99.  I personally like the Google maps navigation on Android better.  There are several things that the Android phone does better, even when you are JB on the iphone.  I deal with it, but that is also why i have my Droid X active on another line when I want to use navigation.  That is one VERY weak spot of the iPhone.  The other is that you have to pay for applications that you can get for free on the android line of phones.  If I was going to spend that much on a navigation app, I'd just cut loose the little extra money and get a dedicated GPS unit.  Hopefully some time in the future Google will release the navigation maps for the iPhone (I understand they already have for the UK).

0 Likes
lou61166
Contributor - Level 1

droid-geek wrote:

kizzle53 wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

TomTom has one, Garmin has one and there is another one, but they vary from around 29.99 to 49.99.  I personally like the Google maps navigation on Android better.  There are several things that the Android phone does better, even when you are JB on the iphone.  I deal with it, but that is also why i have my Droid X active on another line when I want to use navigation.  That is one VERY weak spot of the iPhone.  The other is that you have to pay for applications that you can get for free on the android line of phones.  If I was going to spend that much on a navigation app, I'd just cut loose the little extra money and get a dedicated GPS unit.  Hopefully some time in the future Google will release the navigation maps for the iPhone (I understand they already have for the UK).

I agree, i love google maps nav on my android phone,never even turn my garmin on,i like the sattelite feature.

Verizon Fios
Ultimate HD
25/25 fiber internet

0 Likes