Iphone4 with blue screen
JackiGebhardt

This question is actually for my mom, who is so frustrated with Verizon and Apple right now.  I just want to see her problem taken care of.  She purchased an Iphone 4 from an Authorized Dealer in August 2013.  She discovered about a month ago that her screen was not working and went to take it back to the dealer, only to be told her phone is dead and there is NOTHING that they could do for her.  So I took the phone for her to the Apple store because some one told me their warranties are amazing,  Well when I took it there tonight Apple informed me that this was Not a new phone but a refurbished phone so unfortunately the manufacturers warranty is no longer valid.  She then told me to take it back to Verizon but make sure it is a corporate store.  She said they should have told my mom it was a refurbished phone, which they didn't.  Had my mom known this she would have NEVER even purchased the phone.  She said Verizon should work with us since the phone is not even a year old.  So I go across the street to a corporate Verizon who were very friendly and sympathetic, but told me her first mistake was going to an authorized dealer...so lesson learned there, but what kind of customer service is this if a company wont stand by and fix an error.  My mom should not have to shell out more money for ANOTHER phone when this one isn't even a year old!!!!  What kind of customer service is this?  She is seriously considering buying out her contract and finding a company that actually stands by their customers and takes care of them.  I don't know that I will be renewing my contract if they can't take care of a simple problem.  Please tell me that there is something that can be done. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone4 with blue screen
Not applicable

Your anger is misplaced. Verizon nor Apple sold your mom her phone. It was a retailer or reseller not Verizon Wireless Corporate Store. Refurbished devices should state that right on her receipt. Another indicator is a base price of an iPhone is around $600-$800 for new depending on if it is 16 , 32 or 64 GB in space on the device. ( the 64 GB may just be for tablets I cannot remember)

Refurbished phones cost way less and the warranty is way less, I think just 6 months.

If you can find the receipt and can see that "refurbished" is not in the phone discription your mom can take the reseller to small claims court for fraud. But must list the dollar amount she paid to get that money back.

You will still need to buy another device from Verizon or Apple or if your mom wants a different brand from a real verizon corporate store.

Verizon cannot give you customer service when they did not sell your mom the phone. A reseller even if they show the verizon wireless logo is just like you bought it from Best Buy or Walmart or any reseller.

Your moms issue is not with Verizon Wireless.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JackiGebhardt, we definitely want to make sure that your mom has a phone that she can use. Even though the phone was purchased from an indirect agent, it would still be covered under warranty. Another thing to point out is that Apple generally only looks at the date the phone was purchased from them, not whether it was active on another account. If the store had a large supply of the phone, but never sold it until August, it would still be considered new. Does your mom's phone have any damage?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JackiGebhardt

Apple looked up the serial number and found that the phone had originally been purchased in 2011.  They were actually quite thorough in looking.  They were actually the ones that told me it was refurbished.  Mom's phone shows no physical signs of damage.  Only a screen with big blue stripes down the entire screen making it virtually useless.  She is currently using her last phone which is several years old and randomly will shut off all on it's own.  As for my anger misplaced, I understand that Apple and Verizon overall are not to blame it is simply the "authorized dealer", however that dealer is giving Verizon a bad reputation.  It is bad business practice to not look out for your customers and treat them right. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JackiGebhardt,

We want to help and get your mom's phone replaced if under the warranty even if purchased at an indirect store. Does the phone have physical or water damage? Please provide additional details so we can further assist you and get this matter resolved. We look forward in hearing form you soon.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JackiGebhardt

there are no physical signs of damage other than the blue lined screen.  When I took it to both Apple and Verizon they said that there was no water damage. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JackiGebhardt, that is awesome news that there is no damage on the device! We would like the opportunity to review replacement options available on the account. Can you please send me a direct message to keep your personal information out of the public thread? Here's steps: http://vz.to/1b8XnPy  We look forward to hearing from you soon.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JackiGebhardt

Just sent a request to follow you so I can send you a private message.  It won't let me send you one until you approve my request.

0 Likes